Thank you for your interest in our VanMan Male Choral Summit! Chor Leoni welcomes choral singers in the TTBB range (either as an individual or as part of a group) to be part of the VanMan Male Choral Summit by registering for the VanMan Festival Singers. You’ll rehearse, perform with, and enjoy the camaraderie of 400+ singing men, with performances held in the spectacular Chan Centre for the Performing Arts, one of Western Canada’s premier concert halls.
We are thrilled to present the Canadian debut of the phenomenal Irish group M’ANAM, with internationally renowned composer/conductor Michael McGlynn. They will be featured in M’ANAM & CHOR LEONI, the opening concert of VanMan 2020. You’ll meet them during the day on Saturday and hear them again at that evening’s Summit Concert.
Please note some of these details may change, but the basic outline of the weekend is correct. We’ll update this as more details are confirmed.
Friday April 24, 2020
Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
• opening mass rehearsal at 5:30pm at UBC’s Old Auditorium (to be confirmed)
• M’ANAM & CHOR LEONI concert at 8pm
Saturday April 25, 2020
Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
• opening rehearsal at 10am
• workshops and rehearsals throughout the day
• sing mass choir selections at 4pm concert – MYVoice at the Chan
• sing mass choir selections at 7pm concert – Summit Concert
REGISTRATION FEE: $150 (Cdn) – includes A-level ticket to M’ANAM & Chor Leoni, and the Summit Concert.
Your VanMan experience begins on Friday (5:30pm) with a rehearsal (location at UBC to be confirmed) led by Chor Leoni’s Erick Lichte prior to the M’ANAM & Chor Leoni concert. We will adjourn in time to be seated for the concert which starts at 8pm. Your registration includes an A-level ticket to the hottest choral event of the season, and we’ve save some of the best seats in the house for you.
Saturday is a full day (10am – 10pm) at the spectacular Chan Centre for the Performing Arts (UBC) that includes rehearsals, workshops, shared meals, and two performances of our mass choir repertoire:
4pm – We sing the massed choir selections as part of the MYVoice at the Chan concert.
7pm – We sing as part of the VanMan Summit Concert. This concert also features solo sets by M’ANAM, Chor Leoni Men’s Choir, and Chor Leoni’s MYVoice choirs.
AT A GLANCE (note: rehearsal times may change a bit as we finalize the schedule)
Friday April 23 on the UBC Campus – venue to be determined| 5:30pm – mass choir rehearsal
Friday April 23 | 8pm – M’ANAM & Chor Leoni – Chan Centre
Saturday April 24 at the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts (UBC)| 10am – 3:30pm
– mass choir rehearsal, workshops, and camaraderie!
Saturday April 24 | 4pm
– perform mass choir selections during MYVoice at the Chan
Saturday April 24 | 7pm
– perform mass choir selections during VanMan Summit Concert (your ticket price is included in the registration fee)
- Friday: Plan to eat dinner before arriving, please.
- Lunch & Dinner provided on Saturday
- In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, please bring your own refillable water bottle.
Music for mass choir selections, as well as score study materials as deemed necessary (mp3 files, etc)
All VanMan Festival Singers registrants will receive a t-shirt. Be sure to indicate what adult size you wear when registering.
WHAT TO WEAR
- For the M’ANAM & Chor Leoni show on Friday, there is no required dress code.
- For the Festival Day (Saturday) wear the VanMan t-shirt and casual slack or jeans.
ACCOMMODATION & TRAVEL
It is up to each singer or attending choir to make their own accommodation and travel arrangements. Chor Leoni will not arrange home stays.
COME AS A GROUP!
Groups of 10 or more receive a 10% discount, and if your group is 20 or more your conductor attends free! Contact the choir office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.263.7061 for full details and to receive a group registration form.
Registration deadline March 9, 2020
REFUND POLICY: Before February 1st, 2020 a full refund is offered. There is no refund available thereafter.