The Board of Directors is the governing body of Chor Leoni. It consists of twelve directors, six required to be members of the choir, six required not to be members. Two directors of each type (four in all) are elected for three-year terms at each AGM of the membership. Among other tasks, the Board:
- supports the choir’s mission and purposes
- ensures effective planning and determines major policies
- ensures adequate financial resources and manages them responsibly
- maintains effective and productive relations with members of the choir
- enhances the choir’s profile locally, nationally and internationally
2018/19 Board Members
Chair: Rick Bennett
Vice-Chair: John Gedes
Treasurer: Marni Johnson
Secretary: Conor Graham
Members at Large: Leanne Denis, James Emery, John Geddes, Fred Lee, Peter Joosten, Masato Oki, Patricia Penner, Ted Steiner
to engage and enrich the world through the art of male choral singing.
Chor Leoni inspires audiences, trains artists, educates youth, and advances the male choral art form by creating, promoting, and presenting male choral music. We create transformative experiences for our performers, audiences, and communities. We champion Canadian culture at home and abroad.
Supporting and supported by one another, we
- thrive on the joy of making and sharing music,
- insist on and cultivate excellence, diversity, and respect,
- embrace courage and innovation,
- are dedicated to engaging, building and improving communities through our art,
- and aspire to continuous growth as musicians and individuals.