We are pleased to announce the details of next season’s competition. In a new and unique format, composers are asked to apply to the competition by submitting the following by Noon Pacific Time on October 1, 2019
- A cover letter which includes an introduction and artist statement;
- A current CV;
- Three work samples, with three scores presented in pdf form along with accompanying Mp3 recordings. Recordings can be live performances or midi renderings. Composers are encouraged to submit choral works as a part of their work sample submissions.
From the submissions, Chor Leoni Artistic Director Erick Lichte will select three finalist composers and will commission them to write new works for male choir to be presented at Chor Leoni’s C4 concert. In addition to creatively collaborating with Erick Lichte, each composer can opt to receive a one-hour private coaching with Chor Leoni’s Composer In Residence Zachary Wadsworth.
Final versions of the scores will be due to the choir by March 15, 2020.
In addition, the finalist composers will
- Be flown to Vancouver Tuesday, May 26, 2020;
- Be hosted in a downtown Vancouver hotel for two nights (Tuesday May 26 through Wednesday May 27, 2020);
- attend a workshop/rehearsal with Chor Leoni on their works on Tuesday May 26, 2020;
- attend the premiere at C/4 on Wednesday, May 27, 2020, at ANNEX (823 Seymour St, Vancouver);
- participate in an in-concert conversation with Erick Lichte from the stage at C/4 on Wednesday, May 27, 2020;
- receive a recording of Chor Leoni singing the work
- Receive a $1500 stipend for the composition of the work.
There are no fees to apply to C4.
Composers must be citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada and must attend all C/4 events in Vancouver.
Deadline for submissions: complete submissions must be received by Noon Pacific Time October 1, 2019.
Submissions must be sent to email@example.com. Composers are encouraged to upload large files to a cloud-based file-sharing site. Please ensure files will be available through October 15, 2019.
Finalists will be notified the week of October 21, 2019.